Monday, March 12, 2007

An Interesting Day

What a day, it seems bigger things are happening than I thought. I'm going to have to keep my ears and eyes open here.

Nick was hanging around the Cavern most of the day. He's told everyone that himself, Sharper, and me are going hunting outside the Pod. Everyone is in a tizzy; most are excited, there's a few complainers of course, but that's normal. I'm excited; this will be "first contact" for an Explorer with a feral Age, and I can't sleep for the anticipation.

Nervous, though. Nick suggested I get some shooting practice in.

The DZS folks are being good about it, I'm really happy that that has taken off. We have our own website now, forums, wiki, the works. I missed the first public meeting last Saturday, due to some unexpected problems, but we've scheduled another for this Sunday which I should be able to do.

If we had 30 people at the first one, this meeting will pack the house...

A small group of us (Heaven, Jazz, sil_oh_wet) hung out with Nick for awhile yesterday in his Eders. We didn't bug him much about stuff, mostly cuz he invited us there to get away from the crowd that follows him every time he's in the hoods. He did make a few vague remarks though that piqued my interest. Nothing definite, but it seems plans are in the making which will change things around here...

I've made one equipment run, basic stuff. Time to find some of the more particular items on the list.

No comments: